Early Music America is the North American service organization for the field of early music. Your membership helps us build public awareness and serve as an advocate for fans, musicians, scholars, presenters, students, concertgoers and others in the field. As a member of Early Music America, you receive many exciting and useful benefits including publications, networking opportunities, early music news, and more! Click on a Membership Level below to join for the first time or to renew your membership using our secure forms. Click Organization or Library for more information about organizational and library memberships. Join Early Music America today!
What Members Say About Early Music America
|I’ve always thought that we, the early music community, are “Early Music America”: we’re all committed to making the music of distant times and
places matter in present-day America. EMA is what we need it to be—a way of raising public awareness, a network of colleagues, a trove of resources—but
only if we make it our own.
Robert Mealy, violinist
I am a founding member of EMA. It has always been great to know that operas, concerts, and workshops I am involved in will be cited and reviewed in
EMAg and have been for over 25 years. This kind of thing is very important to early music professionals.
Jennifer Lane, mezzo-soprano
Early Music America Membership Levels & Benefits
Individual Membership $60 per year
- Annual subscription to Early Music America Magazine (quarterly).
- Access to Grove Music Online and the Naxos Music Library online.
- Monthly E-notes with the latest announcements e-mailed to your “in” box. Find out more about sponsoring EMA's E-notes.
- Listing in and copy of the EMA Directory of Members
- Discounts on festivals and concert series throughout North America and subscriptions to Oxford University Press' Early Music journal. Click here for full information about discounts on publications.
- Discount on Finale music software.
- Opportunity to qualify for EMA awards, competitions, and scholarships
- Eligibility for discounted instrument insurance from Clarion Associates 1-800-VIVALDI
- Access to all Members Only features of the web site
- Technical support & resources
Family Membership $70 per year (for two people at the same address)
- One set of materials sent
- Two listings in the EMA Directory of Members
- All other benefits are available for both members
Senior Membership $50 per year (for Seniors aged 65 and over)
- Same benefits as individual membership.
Student or under 25 Membership $30 per year (For full-time students at an accredited institution. If joining as a student you must mail, fax or e-mail a copy of your current, valid student ID. If you are sending via e-mail, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Same benefits as individual membership.
Overseas Membership $75 (outside North America)
- Same benefits as individual membership
*You may download, complete and mail in a Join/Renewal form (PDF file).
Click one of the following organizational levels to join.
Organizations/Businesses with annual budget less than $100,000; $95 per year
Organizations/Businesses with annual budget of $100,000 and $200,000; $135 per year
Organizations/Businesses with annual budget of $200,000 and $500,000; $175 per year
Organizations/Businesses with annual budget over $500,000; $215 per year
Click here for list of complete benefits
(does not include access to Grove Music Online)
- Extra subscriptions to Early Music America magazine (number varies with size of organization)
- Monthly E-notes with the latest announcements e-mailed to your “in” box
- One copy and listing and description in the organization section in the EMA Directory of Members
- 10% discount on the one-time advertising rate in Early Music America magazine
- Access to all Members Only features on web site except Grove Online
- Organizational link to your homepage from EMA's website
- Eligibility for the Affiliate Program for ensembles and organizations
- Technical Support & Resources
- Discounts on subscriptions to Oxford University Press' Early Music journal
- Opportunity to qualify for EMA Awards, Competitions and Scholarships
- Eligibility for discounted Instrument Insurance from Clarion Associates 1-800-VIVALDI
- Medical Insurance programs through TEIGIT (not available in every state) The Entertainment Industry Group Insurance Trust at 800/886-7504 or 212-758-5675
To inquire about a library membership, click here to send an email for more information.
Back to top