EMA's Outreach Grant is intended to support outreach and/or educational projects for children or adults by ensembles and individual artists.
Early Music Outreach can be described as passionate promotion of early music awareness and appreciation. Its goal is to draw new audiences and participants to early music. More specifically, outreach includes but is not limited to the following: early music activities that focus on children, whether in or out of school; early music activities for non-professionals or professionals in another field such as performers on modern instruments, artist, etc. early music activities in public and private schools; lifelong learning courses on early music; web, TV, radio, DVD or other creative activities that advance public awareness and enjoyment of early music; early music ensembles or organizations that reach unusual audiences and populations (e.g. prisons, museums).
Current EMA members (individuals or organizations will be eligible to apply). Each member may submit no more than one proposal per year. EMA Outreach Grant recipients will not be eligible to apply again until the third year following their grant award.
EMA Board members, staff members, and their immediate families are not eligible to apply, either as individuals or on behalf of their ensembles/organizations.
Grants will be awarded for projects taking place during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30) following the application deadline.
April 15, 2014 at 11:59pm EST
Applications are reviewed by an anonymous panel of judges and award announcements will be made by Monday, June 2, 2014.
Outreach Grant amounts range from $500-$1,000.
- Description of project for which grant will be used. Word Limit: 300 Max
- Estimated impact of project (i.e., number of students served, hours of contact time, etc.) Word Limit: 300 Max
- Specific dates or time range for grant use.
- Description of previous educational/outreach activities. Word Limit: 300 Max
- Project budget, showing projected revenues and expenses. Include in-kind revenues/expenses
- Biographical information on key individuals; organizational history (if relevant). Word Limit: 300 Max
Supporting Materials & Documents (while not required, any of the following may be included to support you application)
- Visual documentation of previous activities (videotape, DVD, or series of photographs)
- Brochures, programs, handouts, curriculum materials, etc. for proposed project or past activities
- Letters of recommendation
Thank you for your interest in EMA’s Outreach Grant. The application process is now closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this application.